We’re already planning the next Lemonade Day in Houston – Sunday, May 3, 2015!!
Help us empower today’s youth to be tomorrow’s entrepreneurs!
Lemonade Day is a free, fun, experiential learning program that teaches youth how to start, own and operate their own business – a lemonade stand. It began right here in Houston, Texas in 2007. Since then it has grown from 2,700 kids to over 55,000 kids in Houston.
The foremost objective of Lemonade Day is to empower youth to take ownership of their lives and become productive members of society – the business leaders, social advocates, volunteers, and forward thinking citizens of tomorrow.
Each child that registers receives a backpack with an Entrepreneur Workbook that teaches them the 14 lessons of Lemonade Day like creating budgets, setting profit-making goals, serving customers, repaying investors, and giving back to the community. Along the way, they acquire skills in goal-setting, problem solving, and gain self-esteem critical for future success. They keep all the money they make and are encouraged to spend some, save some and share some.
What do kids learn by participating in Lemonade Day?
Financial Literacy & Economics
- capital equipment & consumables
- supply & demand
- credit, debt, gross & net income
- marginal utility
- return on investment
- compound interest
College Readiness & Career
- critical thinking & collaboration
- interest in attending college
- civic responsibility
- customer service
- teamwork & problem solving
- presentation skills & design
Life Skills/Personal Development
- belief that attaining goals is within reach
- personal productivity
- self-direction & time management
- social responsibility & charity
- high order thinking
- social skills & self confidence
- math calculations
- reading & interpreting data
- oral & written communication